Slump to growth: Turning a commodity enterprise service into exponential revenue surge, paving the way to Exit
Customer acquisition, Customer lifetime value, Exit planning, Pricing, Product market fit, Technology & process, Value planning
What they wanted
This business was stuck selling a commodity service to enterprise clients. It struggled to differentiate itself, resulting in margin erosion and a significant slump in growth. The goal was to revitalise its underperforming sales organisation, drive revenue growth and attract increased M&A interest.
What we did
- Transformed the commercial strategy away from content and media providers toward a lucrative focus on enterprise, including finance and banking;
- Built growth through acquisition and development of new technologies and services; including System and Method for Intelligent Routeback (patented), which initiated new business growth from a saturated customer base;
- Delivered change management initiatives and innovations to improve gross margin and efficiencies;
- Developed a reseller model to support net-new business through partners and peering agreements;
- Built a GTM strategy and operating plan for a globalised telco business unit to deliver $1bn by 2020 (18% CAGR 5yr period).
What was achieved
- Grew annual recurring revenue (ARR) from $40 million to $350 million.
- Improved net margin by 6-10% per annum.
- Successfully underwent three mergers and acquisitions (M&As) within a span of four years.